I began my career in the mid-1990s as a furniture maker and graphic designer. Graphic design began to include making data-driven websites around 1999. For eleven years, starting in ’03, I ran Timeglider, a web-based application for making and sharing web-based timelines. It was acquired by Preceden in 2018.
Skilled in both front- and back-end development, and having a solid graphic design background, I offer a speedy, complete web design/development package for far less money than you would pay with an agency. I’m a wicked good communicator, too.
- All manner of web consulting & development, from simple websites to complex web applications.
- Help with domains, site migrations, hosting, DNS, and all the other alphabet soup.
- WordPress development, themes (either from scratch or by modifying existing themes), widgets, plugins, and so forth. If you’re thinking of using Drupal, don’t do it.
- Customized WooCommerce (WordPress’s main ecommerce plugin) and Shopify solutions.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) if it’s not too insane, e-mail marketing assistance, SSL, Google Analytics integration.
- I can even help with writing, editing, content migration, file & image processing & management, or database management, if you need it.
- Custom animations, interactions, ajaxy thingamajigs, you name it. Check out my experiments.
- But really, come on, you should keep things simple.
- Did I mention that I live in the very cool city of Boise, Idaho?
I charge $90 per hour, but am open to making deals, bartering. Like, I bartered for soap once.