I began my career in the mid-1990s as a furniture maker and graphic designer. Graphic design quickly morphed into making complex websites starting around 1999. Starting in 2008, for eleven years, I operated Timeglider, a web-based application I created for making and sharing interactive timelines, used by over 500,000 students and educators around the world. Timeglider was acquired by Preceden in 2018.
I offer a speedy, complete web design/development package for far less money than you would pay with an agency. And I’m a wicked good communicator. I charge $90 per hour.
My work ranges from simple WordPress launches to highly customized application development for unusual business needs. I often work with fantastic graphic designers like Kristy Weyhrich, and with marketing experts like Blue Bike Communications.
- All manner of web consulting & development, from simple websites to complex web applications.
- Help with domains, site migrations, hosting, DNS, and all the other alphabet soup.
- WordPress development, themes (either from scratch or by modifying existing themes), widgets, plugins, and so forth. If you’re thinking of using Drupal, don’t do it.
- Customized WooCommerce (WordPress’s main ecommerce plugin) and Shopify solutions.
- Search engine optimization (SEO) if it’s not too insane, e-mail marketing assistance, SSL, Google Analytics integration.
- I can even help with writing, editing, content migration, file & image processing & management, or database management, if you need it.
- Custom animations, interactions, ajaxy thingamajigs, you name it.
- But really, come on, you should keep things simple.
- Did I mention that I live in the very cool city of Boise, Idaho?
Long ago, I made furniture, and then for a few years was a bookbinder with Dan Kelm at the Wide Awake Garage in Massachusetts. My background as a graphic designer, craftsperson, and writer gives me a full set of tools for working with small- to medium-sized companies. I can even proof-read ; ) You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more agile, responsive, creative, and thoughtful programmer in Famous Potatoes.